Bronco CB35145 1/35 'Buffalo' 6x6 MPCV w/Slate Armor & Spaced Armour.
- The Buffalo vehicle was designed based on the successful South African Casspir mineprotected vehicle. The Casspir is a fourwheeled vehicle, while the Buffalo has six wheels. Buffalo is also fitted with a large articulated arm, used for ordnance disposal. Both vehicles incorporate a "V" shaped monohull chassis that directs the force of the blast away from the occupants. Buffalo is also now equipped with BAE Systems' LROD cage armor for additional protection against RPG7 antitank rounds. Glass armor is sufficient at 6 inches thickness. Runflat tires are mounted on all six wheels. The Buffalo combines ballistic and blast protection with infrared technology to detect the presence of dangerous ordnance and a robotic arm to disable the explosive ordnance. Personnel operate the Buffalos 30foot robotic arm and claw from within the armoured hull via a mounted camera and sensory equipment, to safely dispose of mines and IEDs. Wikipedia.
- "Bronco Models Buffalo MPCV with slat and spaced armor kit will build up into an impressive and highly detailed representation of the real vehicle. The casting quality and the detail level of the individual parts is excellent and there are a ton of them provided to replicate nearly every widget on the real Buff. I especially appreciate the quality and inclusion of the LEDstyle lights and exquisite 'slat' armor." Patrick Keenan www.ampsarmor.org
Notes & Tips:
- Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy
- Ages 14 and over
- Choking hazard: Contains small parts
- Actual model may vary from images
- Does not include tools, cement or paints
- Some modelling experience recommended